Tackle These Fall Maintenance Tasks Around Your Deerfield Home
If you want to keep your Deerfield area home running smoothly as summer turns to fall and winter, it’s important to tackle some of those fall home maintenance jobs that you might be neglecting. These are the ones we suggest:
- Take a peek under your home – The crawl space under your house may have standing water, which can serve as a breeding ground for mold. To protect your own health and the health of anyone suffering from respiratory issues, get rid of this water.
- Allow your air to keep flowing – Dust has probably accumulated over the summer in various areas of your home, including the baseboard heaters, cold-air returns, ceiling fans, floor fans, stove hood, dryer vent and other places. Either wipe down or vacuum out the dust, where appropriate, to improve your home’s flow of air.
- Check outside – If the exterior of your home shows any damage, this is a great time to get it repaired. This may include replacing or repainting your siding or trim, replacing damaged bricks, or repairing damaged stucco. Also inspect any exterior electrical receptacles to make sure they’re watertight.
- Inspect the top of your home – There’s a good chance that your gutters and downspouts need to be cleaned out due to debris that’s collected over the summer. Also check your shingles for any damage, in addition to the mortar around your chimney.
- Schedule a service call – To keep your furnace or other heating equipment running smoothly this fall, hire a professional HVAC technician to inspect your system and give it a tune-up.
- Improve your insulation – If the insulation in your basement, attic or exterior walls needs upgraded, replace what you have with a type made from recycled paper, glass or other recovered materials. This will save you money while being energy-conscious.
For more expert advice about fall home maintenance or any other home comfort issues, please contact us at Carefree Comfort, Inc. Heating and Air Conditioning. We’ve been serving the HVAC needs of Highland Park, Deerfield and the surrounding areas since 1984.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com
You May Also Like
Malfunctioning furnaces behave strangely while regulating indoor temperatures. One of the odd things a faulty furnace does is produce loud sounds. Let’s… Continue Reading Should My Furnace in Lincolnshire, IL, Sound So Loud?…
Many business owners don’t think of their commercial HVAC systems until they run into problems. They generally wouldn’t list their HVAC system… Continue Reading 3 Ways Your Commercial HVAC System Impacts Employees…
One of a heat pump’s most attractive features is its ability to both heat and cool your home, switching between the two… Continue Reading Why My Heat Pump Blows Cool Air in Heating Mode…