Everything You Need to Know to Save Money and Energy for Carefree Comfort, Inc.
Your home’s heating, cooling and ventilation equipment play primary roles when it comes to enhancing the quality of your life at home. Keeping your home comfortable also requires a significant amount of energy. According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), around half of the energy used in the average American home goes towards heating and cooling. The experts at Carefree Comfort, Inc. are pleased to share everything that you need to know in order to enjoy the full benefit of the products that control your home’s environment without sending your energy bills skyrocketing.
Understanding the Basics of Home Comfort and Energy Savings
Staying comfortable at home requires more than just keeping your home at the right temperature. Because humidity levels and air movement affect how warm or cool the air feels against your skin, the right products, services and strategies can save you money by allowing your heating and cooling equipment to run less often. At Carefree Comfort, Inc., we understand that maintaining the optimal temperature, humidity and air flow in your home is the key to creating a comfortable environment without driving up your energy costs.
Quick and Easy Energy-Saving Tips
1. Use a Programmable Thermostat. These affordable smart devices let you schedule your heating and cooling to operate at different temperatures when you’re away from home, cutting your annual energy bills by 10 percent or more.
2. Change or Replace Your Air Filter. Clogged or dirty filters impair air flow, forcing your heater or air conditioner to run longer to keep your comfortable.
3. Turn Off Electronics When Not in Use. Any product in your home that uses electricity likely generates heat too, even in standby mode. To conserve energy and lower your cooling costs in the summer, use power strips to turn the power off at the source.
4. Have Your Ductwork Sealed and Insulated. Up to 30 percent of the air that travels through ductwork can be lost to leaky air ducts. Because it’s important to maintain the balance between delivery ducts and return ducts, experts recommend that you have an HVAC professional undertake this task.
5. Landscape Strategically. Plant deciduous trees on the sunny sides of your home to shade it during the summer and allow warming light to filter through in the winter.
6. Control Heat and Light with Window Treatments. Install shutters or awnings to block out sun of the hot days of summer. During the winter, open blinds, drapes and curtains to let the sunlight inside.
7. Switch to Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs). Incandescent light bulbs emit heat as well as light. Save energy and keep your home cooler in the summer by swapping them out with CFL models.
8. Schedule HVAC Maintenance. Preventative maintenance is the most cost-effective way to ensure that your heating and cooling equipment operates at peak efficiency and performance.
Energy Star HVAC Energy Efficiency Ratings
Total home comfort begins with energy efficient HVAC products. If your heater or air conditioner isn’t reliable, is in need of an expensive repair or is more than ten years old, chances are that a high efficiency replacement will save you money. HVAC systems are rated by the amount of energy that they consume compared with their heating or cooling output. The industry uses a variety of rating systems for different products. To make it easier for consumers to find energy-saving products, the Environmental Protection Agency (EIA) created the Energy Star program to identify products that offer substantially better efficiency than standard models. Replacing your older heating and cooling equipment with Energy Star qualified models can significantly lower your annual operating costs.
Enhance Your Comfort
Today’s energy efficient HVAC products not only help lower utility bills but provide a better level of comfort than their outdated counterparts too. The best HVAC equipment comes equipped with features like variable-speed blowers that let the systems operate at their top speeds only when heating or cooling demands are high. Instead of intermittent blasts of air that result in uncomfortable shifts in temperature, you’ll enjoy a gentle, even delivery of conditioned air.
For over 25 years, our mission at Carefree Comfort, Inc. has been to create comfortable home environments built with energy efficient HVAC products and services. Our dedication to providing quality comfort solutions has garnered us notice by the nation’s leading industry organizations as well. As a Bryant factory authorized dealer, we’re proud to have met the stringent requirements set by Bryant for their dealers. A Bryant factory authorized dealer designation lets you know that our specialists have met the highest standards for both technical expertise and customer service.
Whether you’re on the hunt for more ways to lower utility bills or you’re looking for a high efficiency HVAC product, you can count on our experts at Carefree Comfort, Inc. to meet all of your comfort needs.
You May Also Like
One of a heat pump’s most attractive features is its ability to both heat and cool your home, switching between the two… Continue Reading Why My Heat Pump Blows Cool Air in Heating Mode…
In winter’s freezing temperatures and unpredictable weather, you need consistent heating to stay comfortable indoors. It’s best to install a new furnace… Continue Reading Is It Time for a New Furnace Installation in Deerfield, IL?…
Short cycling is a sign of an underlying heat pump problem. Therefore, you should act hastily to address the issue to prevent… Continue Reading Why Does My Heat Pump in Highland Park, IL, Short Cycle?…